Return to About Mapleton

History

Situated between Hobble Creek and the Spanish Fork River, Mapleton was used by early settlers in Utah County for livestock grazing, logging and farming.  Attracted by the land offered through the Homestead Act, the first permanent settlers arrived around 1870. 

The town was originally known as "Union Bench" until 1901, when the name was changed to Mapleton.  Mapleton was officially incorporated in 1948.

wpe2.jpg (5517 bytes) 

 

  Click here for more information about this historic house.

kendall.jpg (20853 bytes) 

 

  Click here for more information about this historic cabin.

Click here for more information about this historic home.
Click here for more information about this historic home.
100_0430.jpg (25809 bytes)

Click here for more information about this historic building.

wpe1.jpg (9389 bytes)Click here for more information about this historic home.
wpe18.jpg (7438 bytes)Click here for more informaiton about this historic home.
wpe2.jpg (8934 bytes)Click here for more information about this historic home.
wpe2.jpg (8465 bytes)Click here for more information about this historic home.
Click here for more information about this historic home.
wpe2.jpg (54987 bytes)Click Here for more information about this historic home.
wpe2.jpg (56603 bytes)Click Here for more information about this historic home.
Click Here for more information about this historic home.
Click Here for more information about this historic home.
  
  

If you'd like to contribute more historical information, please email it to ahouser@mapleton.org

Return to About Mapleton